Scout camp for Year 8 Boy and Girl Scouts 2017
Sarasas Ektra Secondary School hosted its annual scout camp for Year 8 Boy and Girl Scouts from January 22 to 25, 2017 at Sarasas Bang Bon Scout Centre. The activities held in the camp were as follows.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
- Welcoming ceremony, opening ceremony, royal tribute ceremony, instructive speech
- Long-distance walking within the environs of the camp, team building activity
- Night activities: basic survival skills such as bravery test and listening, observing, tasting and smelling skills
Monday, January 23, 2017
- Base activities: wall climbing, whitewater rafting, three-rope bridge, rubber cliff, signal rapping, suspension bridge, hammock bridge, cliff climbing, rope wall, and learning special skills such as signalling, pioneering, camping management, and rowing.
- Campfire activities under the theme "Follow in His Majesty’s Footsteps." Songs were sung in honour of King Bhumibol. Each class sang a different song as follows: 8A - Still on My Mind, 8B - Father of the Nation, 8C - Falling Rain, 8D - Infinite Love to Father, and 8E - Father's Trees
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
- Special activities to test what the scouts had learnt and a badge presentation
- Second-night campfire activities and "Geronimo" award presentation. Scout leader Jirameth Ju was granted this award for his most excellent leadership.
- Mourning ceremony in honour of our late King Bhumibol. The administrators and Year 8 scouts together sang "Rak Phor…Mai Mee Wan Por Piang," literally translated as “Infinite Love to Father”.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- Closing ceremony at Sarasas Ektra School